Visa information – Australia     australia
Skilled Migration

The Skilled Migration programme is for people who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia. You can be independent, State/Territory sponsored or sponsored by an Employer. This can be permanent or temporary. You must be over 18 and under 50 years of age (unless you are sponsored by an employer where exemptions can apply), have good English language ability, have recent skilled work experience and must also have skills and qualifications (no always necessary for Temporary and some employer sponsored) for an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (or Consolidated Skilled Occupation list for employer sponsored) or State Sponsored list (these vary).

For a Skilled Independent Visa (or State/Territory Sponsored) you must first lodge an Expression of Interest and wait for an invitation to apply. You must meet the minimum points test (currently 60) for a visa to be assessed and granted. If you are State/Territory Sponsored you may be required to provide evidence of sufficient funds to settle in Australia. For Employer sponsored, there are several routes, temporary 457 which requires the company to Register their business, Nominate and  Sponsor and permanent which requires Nomination of the position and Sponsorship.


Family Migration

Tfamilyhere are a number of migration options for people intending to marry, spouses, de-facto or interdependent partners, children, parents and other family members or Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, Eligible New Zealand Citizens and New Zealand Citizens.



Partneragentimages/Prospective Partners of Australian Citizens/Residents or Eligible New Zealand citizens may apply to enter/remain permanently in Australia.



Parents may be able to migrate to Australia if they have a child in Australia who is a ‘settled’ Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Settled is usually deemed as ‘A person is considered settled if they are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period. In normal circumstances, two (2) years is considered to be a reasonable period’.
In addition you must meet the ‘balance of family test’ this requires that:

  • half your children must be permanently resident in Australia or
  • you have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other single country.



childrenFor dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen there are visa’s available.


Other Family

Aged dependent relatives, remaining relatives and carers of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens may apply for visas to come to Australia permanently.


Residents Return

Current or former Australian permanent residents, or former Australian citizens who wish to travel overseas and return as a permanent resident need to have a visa as do former Australian permanent residents, and persons who served in the Australian Armed Forces before 1981 who wish to return to Australia permanently.


Students & Others

Tstudentshere are also visas for Students, Working Holiday Makers, Visitors, and Business Please contact me for further information and assessment of your eligibility