Work Visa

Do you have a skill in a required field, have an Employer, State or eligible relative willing to sponsor you?
The Regional Migration programme is for people who want to work and live in Australia and are nominated by an approved Australian employer, State or Eligible Relative in a skilled occupation. - Assistance/Lodgement service available.

To qualify you must be:

Over 18 and under 45 years of age (unless you qualify for an age exeption)
 •Be in good health and of good character
• Meet the required English language ability (unless you qualify for an English Language exeption)
• Have recent work experience in the occupation
Have relevant skills and qualifications (not always necessary for Temporary and some employer sponsored visas) for an occupation listed on the current relevant Skills lists (unless you qualify for a skills exeption)

The Employer Nominated 186 visa has two stages:

• Apply for a nomination
• Apply for a permanent residency visa

Currently there are two options:

Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT)

You can apply via this pathway if you are a 457 or 482 visa holder who has worked for your employer for at least two or three years (depending on your previous visa history) and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in the same occupation.

Direct Entry Stream (DE)

You can apply via this stream if you have a minimum of three years relevant work experience in a nominated occupation, meet the required qualifications and skill level and have obtained a positive skills assessment.

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - closed to new applicants - if you have this visa please contact us regarding your options for Permanent Residency

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) from 16 November 2019

The Subclass 494 Visa allows skilled workers to be sponsored by an Australian employer in a regional area for up to five years, they can

live and work in Australia for up to five years        
include immediate family on 494 visa       
transition to permanent residency (if eligible) via the 191 Regional Skilled Visa

They must be:

be under 45 years  
have at least 3 years work experience    
have a valid skill assessment  
 demonstrate competent English    
meet the health and character requirements

Temporary Skill Shortage visa (482)- no age limit applies to this visa

This visa allows skilled workers to work and live in Australia on a temporary basis. The program is aimed at assisting employers who are unable to meet their skilled workforce needs in the local labour market.

There are three Visa Stages:

1. Business Sponsorship - Your employer must apply to become a business sponsor or be an approved sponsor.
2. Nomination - Your employer must nominate you in one of the occupations on the relevant skilled occupation list
3. Visa - You must meet the basic requirements for the visa

This visa came into force in March 2018 and replaced the Temporary Worked Skilled Visa (457).

Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 491 (via EoI)

The new 491 visa replaces the 489 and is a new points-tested visa to assist regional Australia, for applicants with an eligible skilled occupation, nominated by a state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.

Enables eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years.
Visa holders may be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. 
Applicants for this visa must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.

They must have

a relevant occupation on a skilled occupation list  
a suitable skills assessment for the occupation   
satisfy the points test   
be under 45 yearsof age at the time of invitation    
have Competent English 
meet public interest criteria including health and character requirements. 

Eligible relatives for this visa include:     Parent    Grand parent    Sibling (brother or sister)    Aunt / Uncle    Cousin

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa subclass 191

This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in a designated regional area of Australia on a previous eligible visa.

You must have:

held an eligible visa
Lived, worked and studied in a designated regional area for 3 years and have a taxable income over a specified threshold.
All applicants (partners and children etc) must have complied with the conditions of their eligbile visa

Please contact us if you need help navigating this complex situation.

Full Service

Employer Nominated
Regional Temporary
Temporary Skill Shortage (482/494)
Skilled Regional Residence

From $4,500
From $4,700

From $4,550
From $3,500
please ask for self lodgment/assistance fees

Thank you so much for all your effort and hard work in securing a visa for our family. We are so excited at the prospect of finally starting our new life in Australia, without you this would not have been possible. Thanks again and best wishes.

Sharon & David
Skilled UK

Tom and I thank you immensely for your assistance in obtaining my visa for Australia. I especially appreciate the information, personal care and advice you have provided, we would have struggled without your knowledge of the whole process. Your assistance has been invaluable to us. Again, thank you so much. We greatly appreciate all that you did for us.

Partner UK

Hi Cheryl, Such a BIG thank you for every thing. We are so pleased and just letting the news sink in really. My mum was thrilled as you may have guessed. Thank you so much. Speak soon

Partner UK

Great news! Thanks Cheryl we appreciate your hard work in assisting with Ernesto’s 457 visa and would be happy to recommend others to your office.

Extreme Pipe Welding Pty Ltd
Ready to Chat With Cheryl?

Please Fill Out the form below or call on 0403 793 002

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form