Partner visa - subclass 820 and 801(onshore) or 309 and 100 (offshore)
If you are in a long-standing relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen you may be eligible to apply for a temporary or permanent visa which will allow you to join your partner and start your life together in Australia.
If you are married:
You must be legally married to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
If your application is based on a de facto relationship:
You must have been in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen for at least 12 months prior to lodging your application (unless there are compelling or compassionate circumstances).
In all cases:
You and your partner must both be at least 18 years old, and must not be closely related, must be in a mutually exclusive relationship;
• The relationship must be genuine and continuing
• You and your spouse/partner must either live together, or live apart on a temporary basis only
Prospective Marriage visa subclass 300
If you are engaged and intend to marry an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
You and your fiancé must:
• Be at least 18 years old, and not be closely related,
• Be free to marry one another and genuinely intend to get married within nine months of the visa grant date (the marriage may take place either in Australia or overseas).
• You need to have physically met, and be personally known to each other and genuinely intend to live together as a married couple.
• Your sponsor (i.e. your spouse or de facto partner) must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, not have previously sponsored more than one other fiancé, partner or spouse for migration to Australia, and not have sponsored a fiancé, spouse or partner for migration to Australia within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances).
• Not have been sponsored for a spouse, partner or prospective marriage visa by someone else within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances).
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (Subclass 461) (Temporary)
If you are not a New Zealand citizen but have a family member who is a New Zealand citizen who either has or is eligible to apply for a Special Category visa (subclass 444), you may be eligible to apply for the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa. This five-year temporary visa allows non New Zealand citizens such as de factor partners or spouses to live and work in Australia while they remain in a de factor relationship with their New Zealand partner. You are not required to be in or outside of Australia when you apply for this visa.
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship
please ask for self lodgment/assistance fees
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form